Friday, January 06, 2012

Meijer Stock-up Deals-Jan. 1-7

There weren't too many great deals at Meijer this week, but here's a couple of items I stocked up on:

*Pork loin- $1.89/lb (not the cheapest I've ever seen but still a decent deal)

*Carrots- $1/ 3 lbs.  I bought 9 lbs!

Here's what I did with my pork and carrots:


 I bought 2 large roasts and cut both in half.  Out of one half, I made 8 pork chops.

 So I ended up with at least 5 meals, 3 roasts and two of pork chops (One of which was devoured already!  Try out the Parmesan Honey Pork Roast I posted in this weeks meal plan.).  Another pork roast recipe we like is this Teriyaki Pork Roast.

I peeled and chopped about 6 lbs of carrots and put them in a gallon ziploc bag.  I'm hoping I'll be able to knock off meal size chunks that I just have to cook (peeling and chopping is done already).

I don't see much at Meijer for next week.  The one great deal is for Kool-Aid Jammers.  Buy 3 for $5 and get an instant $3 off so they'll be 67 cents each.  I did this last year and had enough juice boxes to last all summer so I'll probably do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.