Monday, January 16, 2012

What's Cookin'

The dreaded sickness came to our house yesterday with 3 boys falling ill.  Chris is home today but starting to feel better.  I'm not planning on cooking dinner, maybe eggs and toast for the boys and I.

Tues~Tacos x 3 (didn't get to this last week), brown rice using this method (it works really well!), black beans, chips n salsa
Wed~Sloppy Joes, oven roasted potatoes, cold veggies
Thurs~Spaghetti x 2, green beans, artisan bread
Fri~Pizza with this crust, salad  (I have tried 5 zillion pizza crust recipes, some good, some not so good.  Maybe this will become my go-to pizza crust recipe?)
Sat~Chix Alfredo (freezer), broccoli
Sunday~Meatball soup, artisan bread

2 comments:

  1. oh man Heather! I hope you stay healthy. Remember BRAT - Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast for those sickies once they want food....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, it only lasted about 8 hrs and by this morning they were all ready to eat. Water and cheerios for breakfast, toast for lunch and eggs and toast for dinner. Such a weird bug. And Chris never threw up, just really achy and tired. He's perking up now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.