- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), halved
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Add roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the roast reads 160°.
- Remove roast and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
We had this for dinner tonight and it was really good! I don't think it really tastes like teriyaki, but the meat is very tender and moist. The sauce is sort of a sweet gravy, not right for potatoes but delicious over the meat. I use the leftovers to make pork barbecue and that turns out great too. The best part is, its a cheap meal, especially since pork is only $1.49/lb this week at Meijer.