Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good Granola

Not sure where I got this recipe, but we really enjoy it.

Granola

3 c rolled oats
1 c slivered almonds
1 c pecans
1/3 c coconut
1/3 c sunflower seeds
1/2 t salt
6 T brown sugar
1/4 c maple syrup
2 T honey
1 t vanilla
1/4 c vegetable oil

*Preheat oven to 250. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, pecans, coconut and sunflower seeds. Toss in salt.

*Heat brown sugar, maple syrup, honey and veg oil on high 1 min in microwave. Pour over granola and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over granola and stir. Dump mixture onto sheets and press down lightly. Cover lossely with foil. Bake for 40 min and switch sheets. Uncover after 1 hr and bake 15 minutes. Cool completely.

~I leave out the sunflower seeds and I've substituted walnuts for the pecans. I made a double batch yesterday and its a third gone already. :-) Not sure how good this granola really is for you, but its really yummy. I like to add more coconut and eat mine with raisins or dried cranberries. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.