Recipe from here:
The Best Lemon Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/12 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.
*Change I made: I used 1/2 a cup of lemon juice in place of lemons and 1/3 cup of flour in the filling instead of 4 T of flour. Next time I may up the lemon juice to 2/3 of a cup like other recipe commenters did.
From allrecipes.com (I find tons of great recipes here!)