Saturday, November 26, 2011

Salted Caramel Cheesecake

This could quite easily be the most delicious dessert I've ever made (and I've made quite a few).  And as far as decadent desserts go, this one doesn't break the bank.  Its not something you'd want to make every week, but is quite affordable for that special occasion.




Do read the comments underneath if you make this dessert.  I usually do this with recipes I find on the web and they can be quite helpful.  I used regular salt, not kosher and I just cut the measurements to about 1/3 of the kosher salt measurements.  Also, my caramel topping did not turn out.  It was tasty, but I didn't cook it long enough so it was liquid, not sticky like the topping in the picture.  Oh, and a very helpful tip from my friend Vonnie, you can find dulce de leche in the Hispanic section at Meijer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.