Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chicken and Rice: 3 meals


Img from here
I made this recipe for Cracker Barrel chicken and rice on Tuesday this week.  I was a little leery about using 4 cans of cream soup, but it made a huge meal.  I wouldn't say this is exactly like CB's, but its a good jumping off point.  For the rice, I made some white rice and a package of Uncle Ben's wild rice and mixed them together.  We had it for dinner again on Friday and I reheated the leftover chicken and gravy in the oven for 30 minutes (because chicken reheated in the microwave is just gross), and I thought it was even better the second time around.  There was still some left, so I used the leftovers to make this Creamy Chicken Noodle soup (delicious) which is in my crockpot in the fridge waiting for Sunday lunch tomorrow (I skip the milk).  So I got some pretty good mileage out of a super simple recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.