Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Freezer Meal: Mini Meatloaves



Before I left for Canada on Monday, I had to deal with 3 lbs of ground beef in my refrigerator. I already had some browned in the freezer so I decided to make some mini meatloaves. The following is my friend Jen's recipe with a couple changes that make it even easier.

Jen P's Mini Meatloaves (with a couple changes)
*1 egg
*3/4 c. milk
*1/2 c. quick oats and 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
or 1 package of Fresh Take Cheddar Jack and Bacon
*1/2 c. of chopped onion or a couple good shakes of minced onion (if you're in a hurry.  Or too lazy to chop an onion, like me. :-) )
*a dash of salt
*a few grinds of pepper

Sauce:
2/3 c. of ketchup
1/2 c. of brown sugar
1 t. of mustard
(I just use whatever barbecue sauce I have on hand.)

Mix everything together and shape into 8 loaves.

Photo
I used my handy mix n chop from Pampered Chef.

Photo
I stuck this triple batch into the freezer for a few hours and then just popped them into a gallon freezer bag so I can take out however many I want.

Thaw in the fridge, top with sauce or barbecue sauce and bake at 350 for about 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.