Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Quick Snack/Appetizer: Ham Biscuits

My mom used to make these tasty little bites while I was growing up on Sunday evenings.  I'm not sure if she had a recipe or just made them up, but they are a quick, tasty snack to serve.

Mom's Ham Biscuits

Ingredients:
1 can of biscuits (the really cheap ones)
1 can of Hormel ham
mustard
mayo
black pepper
minced onion
about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of shredded cheese or 3-4 processed cheese slices torn in bits

Split each biscuit in half along the edge so you get 20 biscuit rounds.
Chop ham up and dump it in a bowl.  Squeeze about a tablespoon of mustard in, a healthy spoonful of mayo, a good dose of black pepper and a shake of minced onion.  Dump in the cheese and mash/mix everything up well.  Divide evenly among biscuit rounds and bake at 350 for 10-12 min or until biscuits are brown on the bottom and cooked through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.