Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Best Breadmaker Bread Recipe

We got a breadmaker for a wedding gift when we got married and we used it for about 6 years, but when we moved and I got a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, I didn't have room for the breadmaker so I got rid of it (I had never found a really good recipe that I liked).  But now that I have a pantry (which I love!), I have room to store a breadmaker.  I picked one up for 5 bucks at Goodwill last week and yesterday I made the BEST white bread in the breadmaker.  Here's the recipe:


White Bread For The Bread Machine




Ingredients

  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Toss it all in the bread machine and 3 hours later, you've got bread!


The only issue we had with this bread was that Chris thought it was too sweet.  But it was the airiest, tenderest bread machine bread I've ever made.

Also, I found white whole wheat flour at Meijer yesterday.

Gold Medal white whole wheat flour is ground from hard white spring wheat. It offers all the fiber and protein of regular whole wheat flour with but a milder, lighter flavor and texture. (Photo: General Mills)

I'm going to try it with this bread recipe and make it a bit healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.