Saturday, May 09, 2009

What's Cookin'

Last week I tried a couple of new recipes. One was a hit, the other was not. I made Meatball Sub casserole for our church potluck and it was totally gone (yay!), so I will definitely be making that again. Thursday I made the Mexican Chicken skillet and I did not like it at all. Part of my problem is I can't cook brown rice for anything. I have tried in the microwave and on the stove and both times it did not turn out. I wanted to eat brown rice because its healthier, but as soon as my brown rice is gone, we're going back to white. Much easier. Also, I didn't like the corn in the mexican dish. Just didn't tickle my tastebuds. Chris liked it, but Andrew didn't even want to try the rice because it was orange (I added salsa to it to make it Spanish rice). He only likes "white ice." He really does love white rice. He'll eat a big bowl plain. However, Noah and Andrew both enjoyed eating sour cream plain with their tortillas. :-)

Here's this week's plan:
Mon~Pork bbcue for daddy, boys, and blue grandpa (mommy's helping with the girl's club at church). Blue grandpa (my dad) is helping put a fence in the backyard to keep the boys (and dog) in.
Tues~Grilled chicken and veggies, oven fries
Wed~Chicken fajitas with leftover grilled chicken, fruit
Thurs~Pork roast, potatoes, carrots (hope to have Uncle Donald over for dinner)
Fri~Seminary dinner
Sat~Chris's bday is Sun, so we'll celebrate on Sat. I think I'll buy some nice steaks and use the charcoal grill I got for Mother's day (that's what I wanted!).
Sun~Leftovers/soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.