Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Werk it, y'all!

The time has definitely come.  In fact, I'm way behind the ball.  Need. to. work. out.

It's way easier to type that than to actually do it.

But...I'm on day 2 (Hey, baby steps.  Don't knock it.)

You know, I sweat so much and get so red in the face while I'm exercising, you'd really think all that exertion is really worth at least 500 calories.

Nope, not at all.  I think I burned about 150 calories.  Certainly not equal to the calories in the oatmeal fudge bar I ate.  So yeah, watching what I eat should come into play too.  But, baby steps.

 Anyway, Chris showed me this website and so far, I'm pretty impressed.  There are TONS of free exercise videos.  I just did this warm -up video:




Then, since that one is just a warm -up, I did this one:





I was keeping up pretty well until they got to exercise 6 or 7 (out of 8).  You would think that since each exercise is only 45 seconds, you could do anything for 45 seconds.  No, no you cannot do anything for 45 seconds if you are as out of shape and flabby as I am.  But, baby steps.

So what I liked about this video was:

1.  It's short.  8 minutes long, if you include a warm-up, about 15 minutes long.  If you can't fit 15 minutes into your day, it's time to think about what you're doing all day long (speaking to myself also).

2.  The woman does modified exercises while the man does a little bit harder exercises.  They do it side by side so you can see the difference.  Also, on the side there is a running counter of how many calories you are burning.

3.  It's free!  And you don't need fancy equipment.  And it's free!

My only complaints are that it hurts me (haha!) and I'm kind of a klutz so it takes me a bit to get my legs and arms in the right order.  But otherwise, it's great!  I'm hoping I can work up to a bit longer workouts!

Note:  You can see all the videos on fitnessblender.com, but for some reason, you can only see them fullscreen if you are on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.