Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day




Here's what I hope to accomplish next week:

Chili (Already made and in the freezer, but it was a bit spicy. I'm going to heat it up in the crockpot and add a can of tomatoes when I reheat it.)

These recipes are all from the book Once a Month Cooking:
Chili Verde
Wild Rice Chicken
Chicken Packets
Mexican Stroganoff
Balkan Meatballs
Chili Hamburgers
Chinese Chicken Morsels
Joes to Go
Green Chile Enchiladas
Oriental Chicken
Saucy Hot dogs
Chicken Tetrazzini

And if I find a good price on ham:
Linguine a la Anne
Bird's Nest Pie

If I end up making all these meals, I think I will have about 25 dinners in my freezer! I'm pretty excited about that. I ended up going way over on my grocery budget this month because I was buying ahead for these meals but I think it will even out in the end when I won't have to buy much meat next month. I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Wow you are ambitious!!! Aldi has a great spiral ham at a good price. Let me know if you need a babysitter!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea!
    Actually, it might be a great idea to get a babysitter. Maybe I will give you a call!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.