Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Worcestshire Chicken Recipe

Worcestshire Chicken (I've been told this is the best chicken my husband has ever tasted!)

1 and a half lbs thin chicken cutlets (I pound chicken breasts thin and trim the fat)
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup flour
3 T butter
2 T veggie oil
2 T Worcestshire sauce
1 T red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T finely chopped fresh parsley (which I never have so I've never used it)

1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
2. Warm butter and oil in large skillet over med. heat until butter foams. Add chicken and cook about 4 min. until browned. Turn and cook until firm and browned on both sides, about 3 more minutes. (May have to do this in shifts if your pan isn't large enough to hold all the chicken)
4. Remove chicken to a platter to keep warm. Add Worcestshire sauce, vinegar, and chicken broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 min. Remove from heat and stir in 1 T of butter until it is melted. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. (I don't think I added the extra butter at the end, so skip the butter and save some fat!)

We're having this tonight with baked potatoes, carrots and brocolli, so perhaps I'll post a pic later.

2 comments:

  1. I hope to try and make this for us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this on Tues for my brother and he gobbled it down! I added the butter this time too and I could taste it in the sauce, but I think its good without too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.