Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Freezing Corn

My in-laws gave me a wheelbarrow of sweet corn last week so here's what I spent my morning doing:

The boys and I husked all the corn and then put it in a big pot to bowl for about 5 minutes.


I then put the corn in cold water for about 5 minutes so it would be ready to handle.



Then I used my sharpest serrated knife and sliced the corn kernels off as close to the cob as I could.


Look at that beautiful sweet corn!


I ended up with 9 qt bags of sweet corn for my family to enjoy this winter. This tastes way better than any frozen/canned corn you buy in the store.

1 comment:

  1. And all made easier with a cutco knife!

    It was fun seeing the boys reading. They take after their grandparents VDT and their parents!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.