Thursday, December 09, 2010

Patience


I think impatience is one of my besetting sins. I become frustrated so easily with the boys lately. Today I prayed for patience, was tested with spilled milk, spilled yogurt, loud kids and I failed. I became impatient. Thankfully, we serve a patient God.

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
Psalm 86:15

And so I will keep praying for patience and remembering verses like these:

My dear brothers, take note of this; Everyone should be quick to listen slow to speak and slow to become angry for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
James 1:19-20

2 comments:

  1. Caleb just wrote that verse out today for copywork. oh to be slow to speak! I need to think of this verse often too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I have been given Bobby - to learn self control and patience. It has truly helped me over the years. You have a big job with 4 boys, but you have a bigger God to help you with it. He has an infinite amount of grace to give you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.