Saturday, December 04, 2010

Missing Menu Plan

I fully intended to post my menu plan this week, but all of a sudden its Saturday! So instead I'll share a super yummy meal I made this week. It actually turned out to be pretty economical also.

Beef and Mushrooms over mashed potatoes

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c beef stock
1/3 c red wine (I used more beef stock)
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 t pepper
1 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
2 lb roast

Whisk together first five ingredients in crockpot. Stir in mushrooms. Add roast and turn to cover. Cover and cook on low about 8 hrs or on hight about 4-5 hrs.

My roast was very lean so after it was thoroughly cooked on low for about 6 hours, I sliced it thin and put it back in with the mushroom gravy and put it on high for another 2 hrs. It was very tender after that. I made mashed potatoes with yellow potatoes and served the beef and mushrooms with that. We also had homemade bread and carrots. Very good! And we had enough left over for another meal.

So what was the cost?
Beef~4
Mushroom gravy ingredients~2
potatoes~33 cents
Carrots~50 cents
Bread~40 cents (not too sure about the price, but can't be much)
Total: $7.23 and have enough beef for another meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.