Friday, November 01, 2013

Best pizza I've ever made

I haven't made homemade pizza in awhile, but since we are having a rather uneventful weekend (nothing planned for once!), we had homemade pizza for dinner tonight and I have to say, it turned out pretty well!  Here's the recipe I used:

Fail-Proof Pizza Dough 


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 cups bread flour (I used 2 cups of white flour and 1 cup of whole grain white flour)
Mix everything together with a Kitchen Aid mixer bread hook attachment for 5-6 min and let rise for 1-2 hours.  My dough made 2 round pizzas and I baked each for about 10 min in a 475 degree oven.  We only have 2 measly pieces left over.  Pretty soon I'll need to make a double batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.