Thursday, June 16, 2011

Southern Reflections

Just found this list. Meant to post it when I got back from South Carolina in March.

Things I learned in SC:

1. A Cracker Barrel is never more than a stone's throw away. In fact, there are a lot more Cracker Barrels than McDonalds. Shocking! And no, I did not try their grits. Don't think I'm a grits person.

2. Grand Rapids, or at least the western side of Michigan, needs a
Chick-Fil-A. ASAP.

3. I may be a southerner at heart. I love hearing someone say ya'll and I'm a sucker for sweet tea.

4. Chris would love it if I made biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast every day.

3 comments:

  1. Come down here for a visit. I will make Chris biscuits and gravy and take you to Chick-Fil-A. We have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having some sweet tea as I sit here. =) We should have you guys over here sometime. We've left the South, but in many ways it hasn't left us. sweet tea, sausage gravy, and Tex-mex food (not to be found here) resides in our home. For my birthday, Z took me all the way to South Bend, IN for Chick-fil-A. It's all I crave when I'm pregnant. Let's let the guys take care of the kids and go! ;) I enjoy your blog, Heather. Blessings!
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Marlene, we definitely have to work on that!

    Becki, I'd love some of your southern recipes and we'd love to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.