Monday, June 27, 2011

Disturbing

I find it disturbing that the city I live in had a Slutwalk this past weekend.
(By the way, read the comments under the article. No one thought it was a good idea. One commentator even said that by using the name "Slutwalk", this group actually did more damage to victims by making them feel like sluts. Maybe someone should explain to them that "slut" is a derogatory term.)

I find it disturbing that a woman would bring her baby girl to this so called empowerment event wearing this onesie. (Silly me, I thought part of a daddy's job was to protect his little girl. What was I thinking?)

I find it disturbing that 150 people thought this was actually a good idea. A man's actions are his own, but that doesn't give women license to expose/accentuate whatever body parts they want to.

And finally, I find it disturbing (and heartbreaking) that anyone with a conservative Christian background would participate in something like this. Parents, we have no idea the damage done to our children by institutions of so-called higher learning. It is so, so important that we ground our children in truth while they are young so that they can withstand the pressure to cave to popular belief when they are on their own (Prov 22:6).

For more on evangelical feminism, check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.