Thursday, February 17, 2011

Salad for lunch

Here's what I made for lunch yesterday:


It was really yummy and it made me feel like I was eating healthy. :-)

Ingredients:
Romaine and Boston lettuce
toasted almonds
mandarin oranges
Oscar Mayer chicken (I got this for $1 at Meijer this week)
provolone cheese

I drizzled the above with honey poppyseed dressing from my Joy cookbook:

  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (or other fruit vinegar)
  • 1 small shallot, minced (I used some onion flakes)
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I used spicy mustard)
  • 1 teaspoon poppy seed
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • *Whisk all ingredients together or shake in jar.

  • My mother-in-law gives this cookbook to all her daughters/daughters-in-law when they get married and I appreciate it more and more every time I use it. Good, quality recipes.



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.