Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ham 'n' Cheese Mashed Potatoes

Ham 'n' Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Recipe from Taste of Home's 2002 Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook, pg. 63

2 cups mashed potatoes (I made a double batch of PW's Creamy Mashed Potatoes. I had enough potatoes to make 3 casseroles, two larger and one small.)
3/4 t garlic salt (I just added a couple dashes of garlic powder to my mashed potatoes)
1 cup cooked diced ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of whipping cream, whipped

Combine potatoes and garlic. Spread into greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with ham. Fold cheese into whipped cream; spoon over ham. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 15 min or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.

*My casserole was cold so I baked it for 35-45 min at 350 degrees and it was perfect. Definitely not low cal, though. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.