Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Thanksgiving Prep 2021 Timeline

 This year we are hosting the Engelsma Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  It will be a small crowd, only about 30 people.  That's not too big for this group, but I'm trying to plan ahead so we don't have too much work to do on Thanksgiving day.  I bought my turkey last week and will probably grab a ham or two this week.  Here's what I plan to do in the days ahead:

Thursday-Remove the bird from the freezer and defrost in the fridge until Monday.

Monday-Make the Pioneer Woman's brine recipe and brine the turkey until Wed.  

Wednesday-Use the spatchcock method of roasting the turkey from here

Thursday-Reheat the turkey in the crockpot for 3-4 hrs with chicken broth.

I also hope to make PW's mashed potatoes and creamed corn in the crockpot.  

Now, onto cleaning and rounding up enough chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.