Monday, June 09, 2014

Magical Coffee

Andrew and Noah are at art camp every morning this week so the 3 youngest and I ran errands this morning.  I was sorely tempted to make a trip to Bigby, but suppressed the urge and instead drank some magic coffee I had in my fridge.  I've tried many iced coffee recipes at home and this is by far my favorite.  And bonus, it isn't full of sugar.

Magical Coffee

2/3 cup coarsely ground coffee (I've used coffee I've ground at Meijer, but this time all I had was Folger's Black Silk and I'm enjoying it just as much as the coarsely ground Meijer Gold coffee.)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
3 Tablespoons of brown sugar

Pour ingredients into quart size mason jar and fill to the brim with water.  Screw the lid on and shake ingredients around a bit.  Place in refrigerator overnight.
The next day, strain the coffee through a filter or paper towel (Make sure you put a bowl under the strainer so you don't lose any coffee!).  Pour over ice cubes (frozen coffee ice cubes if you think ahead.) so the cup is 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.  Fill up the rest with milk or cream (whole milk tastes wonderful).

I go through mine in about 2 days.  I may have to start doubling the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.