Saturday, March 02, 2013

5 boys!

After much anticipation, Luke Theodore arrived on his due date, February 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM.  He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20 in long.

Photo

I started having contractions at about 2:30 AM.  Since Joel was born after about 2 hours of labor, I didn't want to wait around too long to go to the hospital so we went in at around 3:30.  However, I wasn't dilated much farther than I had been at my doctor appointment earlier in the week, so the nurse sent us to walk for an hour.  We checked out the baby nurseries on a couple floors and then walked the entrance lobbies of the main hospital and the heart center, encountered a friendly old janitor numerous times who offered to let me mop the floor.  :-)  The nurse checked me again and since I had progressed a bit farther, they decided to keep me and said they would send me up to labor and delivery when they had a room available (It was a full moon and I guess it was crazy busy.).  About 10 min later a nurse came to walk me upstairs.  My contractions were coming a bit quicker now and the triage nurse noted that I had a different face than before.  By the time we got to the labor and delivery room, I decided I was ready for an epidural.  Or not.  Luke was ready to be born!  The doctor had to run back and forth from my room to the room next door, delivering babies.  Chris was quite surprised to have another boy!

Photo
So happy with my new boy!


Photo
Blue Grandma and Grandpa

Photo
Adrienne meeting her newest cousin.

Photo
Aunt Cindy, Bereket, and Tiz

Photo
Aunt Aimee, Cady, and Connie

Photo
White Grandma

Photo
Aaron meets his new baby brother.

Photo
White Grandpa

Photo
Aunt Angie

We had a huge room which is a good thing, because Luke had lots of visitors!

We are so thankful to have another healthy son.  Surely the Lord has been good to us.  Please pray that He will give us the strength and courage to raise these boys to serve and love Him, and that they would all come to know the peace that passes understanding.

1For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

2 comments:

  1. Wow! No epidural or eye goop! You guys are crazy :) Five boys will be so much fun. I know a family that had 5 girls and then 4 boys so its not impossible to have a girl someday ( not that you or I want to think about more kids for a loooong time)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.