Monday, January 23, 2012

Good for the Wallet: Cheap Drano


Finally got around to trying this on the sink drain in our bathroom.  After using Drano countless times with little improvement, I figured there was no harm in trying baking soda, boiling water, and bleach to fix the problem.  First, I poured about a quarter of a box of baking soda down the drain and let that sit while I boiled the water.  After pouring most of the kettle down the drain, I let that sit for about 10 minutes and then followed it up with a healthy dose of bleach.  I then took an old toothbrush (a very handy cleaning tool) and scrubbed as far down the pipe as I could reach (and pulled out some nasty black junk).  I heard a gurgle and all of a sudden I had a smooth running drain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.