Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Twice-baked potatoes (No oven version!)

I found this recipe on $5 dinners and thought it was a genius idea, especially with the heat wave we had the last week where I totally avoided the oven. I LOVED using the crockpot to bake potatoes. Here's the potatoes cooling after they came out of the crockpot:
I followed the recipe from $5 Dinners, except I mixed the cheese in with the filling instead of sprinkling it on top. I saved some out for our dinner and froze the rest. We just heated the potatoes on the grill and they tasted great! The outsides aren't crispy like oven-baked twice baked potatoes, but these worked better for the kids anyway. Hopefully the frozen ones will taste great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.