Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Granola bars

I was looking for a bit healthier treat for our family and found this recipe.
Here's my adaptation based on some of the comments:

Gobble Up Granola Snacks (my version)
2 1/2 c crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 c old fashioned oats (you can use quick-cooking also)
1/2 c ground flax seed
1/2 c raisins (or a combo of raisins, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.)
2/3 c packed brown sugar
2/3 c honey
2/3 c crunchy peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt

1. Stir together rice cereal, oats, flax seed and raisins. Set aside. Grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Combine br sugar and honey in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for ~1 minute or until just boiling. Stir in pb and vanilla until smooth. Pour over oat mixture and mix very well. Make sure everything is coated well.
3. Press into prepared pan using plastic wrap. Refrigerate until set and able to cut into bars or squares.

I individually wrapped a bunch for Chris to take to work and stored the rest in a tupperware in the fridge.

1 comment:

Please leave a note! I love to hear from my readers.